Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:29:55 -0500
From:      Craig Boston <craig@yekse.gank.org>
To:        Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash 9

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 08:27:20AM +0200, Alex Dupre wrote:
> I got Flash Player 9 for Linux working on FreeBSD *with* sound.

Hmm, this works but the audio sync is at least as bad as Flash 7 if not
worse.  I'm surprised they actually put in hooks for other sound APIs;
from the technical blogs it didn't sound like they were even considering
it.

I also tried compiling the sample flashsupport module (can be found at
http://www.kaourantin.net/flashplayer/flashsupport.c) on a Debian box
and copying the resulting binary over.  The audio sync was better but
stability was far worse -- random segmentation faults.

Craig