Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 2015 17:11:01 -0400
From:      "Chad J. Milios" <milios@ccsys.com>
To:        Eneko Gotzon <enekogotzon@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Zero delta ?

<https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/nutshell.html>=

> from mainline FreeBSD*.
>=20
>=20
> Please, what must I understand about that *zero delta* expression? =
Thank
> you very much.
>=20
> --=20
> Eneko Gotzon Ares
> enekogotzon@gmail.com <mailto:enekogotzon@gmail.com>

It simply means they [do their best to, community permitting] push =
upstream all their cool enhancements to the FreeBSD project for everyone =
to share in the wealth (and maintenance).

This benefits us, gaining from their experience with an expansive =
content distribution network and giant workloads. This benefits them as =
it minimizes the effort they spend doing =E2=80=9Cfork-lifts=E2=80=9D, =
the merging of FreeBSD's updates into their proprietary FreeBSD variant =
(or inversely, re-applying their modifications to an evolving FreeBSD).

-Chad=