Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2013 11:09:45 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
Cc:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Romain_Tarti=E8re?= <romain@blogreen.org>
Subject:   Re: # portmaster -r pixman fails with !#/bin/sh list too long

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> Have tried that, but it rebuilds pixman, but then X bombs out blurting
> out messages that lib....pixman.so is missing :(
>
> I have tried to remove print/texlive-scheme-full; removed it, but then
> run portmaster -R pixman, and portmaster -r pixman and the running of
> it stops with message that !#/bin/sh .. argument too long and comes up
> with texlive-?????-?????-_1 or similar.  Have not been successful in
> fixing this issue.  I have 2 machines working and 2 not working
> because of this.  I am running out of ideas.  Is there another way to
> fix this issue manually, i.e, going to /usr/ports/x11/pixman and
> rebuilding it there or have to go one by one?

Careful: -R has a different meaning with portmaster than it does with
portupgrade.  It does not mean "recursive" like lowercase "-r".

pkg_libchk from sysutils/bsdadminscripts can be used to detect installed
ports that depend on missing libraries.  From that, it may be possible
to just give a list of all the ones that are missing pixman to
portmaster.