Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 10:58:25 -0500
From:      "Steve Sims" <SimsS@IBM.Net>
To:        "Hackers" <Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   -current 'make world' chokes

How come -current has, for the last couple of days (at least, that I've
*noticed*) chokes while making the world.

I do 'cd /usr/src ; make update world' to pull current and build it and get:

[blah, blah, blah]

cd /usr/src/lib/csu/i386 &&             make beforeinstall
install -C -o bin -g bin -m 444 /usr/src/lib/csu/i386/dlfcn.h  /usr/include
install -c -o bin -g bin -m 444 crt0.o c++rt0.o gcrt0.o scrt0.o sgcrt0.o
/usr/lib
install: crt0.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

# _

cd'ing to /usr/src/lib and doing 'make' and/or 'make install' builds crt0.o
just fine, but it looks like it's getting skipped in the world context.

It's kind of a pain to iteratively make this branch of the tree and then make
world with NOCLOBBER, NOCLEAN, etc...

Am I totally missing the big picture here?

...sjs...