Date:      Mon, 03 Jan 2000 19:19:34 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ata flash support

In message <200001040212.LAA02788@lavender.yy.cs.keio.ac.jp> MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro writes:
:   As you thought, I can't play with ATAPI CD-ROM drive with ATA
: flash patch :-<

Yes.  We'll have to come up with some way to tell the two apart.
Likely a flag in the config info for now until we can query the CIS
more directly...  I think this means that we can support multiple I/O
windows for a card, which is good to know.  I honestly thought we
couldn't before.

: (But currently I only want to use compact Flash :-p)

:-)  So there you go :-)

:   If I have enough time, I will write detach routine. At first I
: will read if_ed.c/if_ed_pccard.c driver code about attach/detach
: routine.

Cool.  Soren Schmidt tells me that he and a couple other people are
working on a higher degree of newbusness in the ata driver.  That may
help things quite a bit.  I've asked for a preview of the code to make
sure that it covers pccard's needs.

Warner