Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:57:59 -0700
From:      Sergey Manucharian <sm@ara-ler.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>
Subject:   Re: help with mixer settings

Excerpts from Anton Shterenlikht's message from Wed 11-Jan-17 02:19:
> My skype4 sound quality is quite bad.
> (Yes I know about jitsi.
> It used to work great, but for a couple of
> weeks I cannot see or hear and cannot be heard or seen).

You probably have settings in Skype to let it control volume/mic levels.
That doesn't actually work with the Linux version of Skype running in
FreeBSD.

I would suggest to turn those options off, then with trial and error
find good settings and create a script to set you levels before starting
a Skype session.

--
Sergey