Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:24:44 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What are the advantages of ELF kernels?

On Thu, Jan 14, 1999 at 06:22:42PM +0000, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> I wondered where all the Amiga programmers went - I too get the same kicks

There's definately an eerie connection somewhere.  When I was in high
school, I ran a bulletin board on my little A500 and even had it
hooked up to that network of big scary unix machines with Internet
e-mail and a newsfeed, thanks to Matt's DUUCP.  Also thanks to some
nice guy named Steve in Massachussets who ran a node called genesis
and was willing to let us try it, though these uucico and L.sys and
such might as well have been alien technology to me at the time.

Many years later I had a go at patching up the floppy tape driver
and what do I find at the bottom of the man page?

AUTHORS
     Steve Gerakines <steve2@genesis.nred.ma.us>

If you're out there somewhere Steve, thanks!

toshiki!exidor aka postmaster@toshiki.broadalbin.ny.us aka
--
Christopher Masto        Director of Operations      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

    "Good tools allow users to do stupid things." -- Clay Shirky