Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 2002 15:44:35 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Emmanuel Rens <rens.emmanuel@wanadoo.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: many ports refuse to make

Emmanuel Rens wrote:
> thank you, I would appreciate very much if you can give me some more
> advice on updating the INDEX because I don't find mention of this
> procedure in the Handbook nor in CVSup FAQ

I was trying to see where a good reference was and was out of time
before I even got started. If you do a man ports, one of the make
options is "index".

cd /usr/ports
make index

or

portsdb -uU

if you use portupgrade. I use portupgrade and added ports/INDEX to my
refuse file. I upgrade my ports with a script and I run portsdb -uU
everytime I do an update.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart