Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:11:03 +0200
From:      "M.Hirsch" <M.Hirsch@gmx.de>
To:        Michael Butler <imb@protected-networks.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.x CVSUP today crashes with zero load ...

<snip>

> .. So the logs are there, all that's required is a utility to read them
>and, optionally, alert the administrator to the event,

No, I think a panic _should_ occur, even if there was a correctable
error. Not "when there's no other option left".
Maybe make it optional via a kernel option.
There are much less-significant problems that can cause a panic.

Sure, you may be one of the few people out there who knows how to
correctly run a _BSD_ system...
There's few of yous out there, ;)

M.