Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 1995 09:36:32 -1000
From:      "Peter Stubbs" <peters@staidan.qld.edu.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What ever happened to... ? / new money spinner

On 19 Dec 95 at 8:41, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:

> Gary,
> You are way off base here. Walnut Creek provides SIGNIFICANT support
> for the FreeBSD project. 1) They supply development hardware. 2)
> They supply Internet connectivity. and 3) They pay the salary of
> Jordan to work FULL TIME on FreeBSD.
>
> Frankly, I don't see how they are making enough on all the FreeBSD
> materials to provide this much support and still break even on the
> P&L statement.
>
> ----
> Richard Wackerbarth
> rkw@dataplex.net

This may not be of any help, but perhaps a new freebsd product would
help? The one I have in mind is a documentation / support CD.

If it included the -questions archive, the handbook, the
documentation project and the browsable kernel source. All in html or
some other portable format, with a browser. You get the picture,
setup so even a newbie could work it. Perhaps with ghostscript,
chimera, xdvi etc in packages.

Present it to WC ready to print, and ask for 5% of the profit for a
hardware/development fund.

I can tell you that I'd subscribe straight away. Since I run FreeBSD
at home without a net link, I'd refer to it all the time. At work
it'd be great since I could mount it under my web page heirarchy and
browse at CD speed, rather that the dog slow AARNET speed here in
Australia.

This is a product I'd love to see!

What do you think?
Peter

Peter Stubbs, St Aidan's AGS. ph +61-07-3379-9911, fax +61-07-3379-9432