Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 2003 19:48:14 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Max. file size for msdos partition

How large a file can I create on a FAT32 msdos partition with FreeBSD Stable?

I would have expected to be able to create a 4GB-2 file, but seem to be
limited to 2GB-1. Is there such a limit and, if not, any idea why I am unable
to create a really large file? Is this a bug?

I did make a 4GB file by appending 2GB-1 onto a 2GB-1 file, but I can't seem
to do much with this file.

Thanks,
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer