Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:00:20 +0100
From:      "Johnathan Meehan" <jmeehan@easynet.co.uk>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD dead? Well, not in theory...

Hi,

> You're going to feel like a real idiot when you actually read the
> announcement properly.  Go back and read it through from beginning to
> end. :-)

That is not fair, Sheldon. Didier has some concerns, and I cannot blame him.
I'm reassured by the comments that have been made, both here and other
places, but I am afraid that whilst not jumping ship, I will be watching the
development of FreeBSD with a /very/ suspicious eye.

I find it difficult to believe that a group of people who have worked so
hard for so long to produce a superior product will walk away from it, or
see it corrupted. However, on the other hand, when I hear managment type
terms such as "features" and "adding value" with reference to the commercial
offering I do wonder just how the FreeBSD project will be affected in
_reality_ and not just in _theory_. I am personally waiting to hear more
information, particularly from the commercial side, and perhaps then my
suspicious mind may be relieved somewhat.

I'm sure you chaps know what you are doing, but some of us believe that Eris
is great friends with Murphy.

Regards,

Johnathan Meehan