Date:      12 Mar 2003 16:06:56 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        mkd@mnm.uib.es
Cc:        Igor Pokrovsky <igor.pokrovsky@cnrm.meteo.fr>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: XFree86 4.3.0 update

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 05:46, mkd@mnm.uib.es wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Igor Pokrovsky wrote:
>
> > I've just installed committed version XFree86 and got a lot of problems:
> > (I deleted previous version of XFree and installed new one)
> >
> > 1. DRI is not available, Mesa is falling back to indirect rendering.
> > (I have Radeon M7, kernel module is loaded, it was working with 4.2.0)
>
> 	I have the same problem, i got the exact error:
>
> 		$ glxinfo
> 		libGL error: InitDriver failed
>
> 	Must the drm-kmod be updated to be used with the new 4.3 XFree?
> 	or just a new version of Mesa?

For problems with the DRI, please use my troubleshooting page for the
dri:
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/troubleshooting.html

I'm trying to make it as complete as possible.  With that log I don't
know really what's going on.

No drm-kmod update should be necessary, unless you have a card supported
in 4.3.0 that wasn't in 4.2.0.  Again, Mesa is included with XFree86,
and the port we have just supplies libglut.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org