Date:      Fri, 08 Dec 2000 10:49:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        atrens@nortel.ca
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, Atrens@foo.osd.bsdi.com, "Andrew [SKY:ET95:EXCH]" <atrens@americasm01.nt.com>
Subject:   RE: possibly related data point - (was) Re: Current Broken!

On 08-Dec-00 atrens@nortel.ca wrote:

> I hit on it by accident (I normally compile with -O). That said, your
> claim that gcc with no optimization generates incorrect code is
> kind of counter-intuitive, wouldn't you say ?

I've seen it do weird things with -O0 (mostly with C++). :)  It's just another
program.  Nothing is keeping it from having bugs. :)

> I think you missed my point, I was just illustrating that optimizer seems
> to affect (in my case apparently negate) the processing of constraints.

I am back now to thinking that it is a gcc bug in the -O case now as well.  The
constraings I removed were in fact valid, so I've put them back in, but just
disabled the macros for now until gcc is fixed.

> What you take from that is up to you - I was just trying to be helpful :)

Sorry if I came across as if I was biting your head off, that was not the
intent.

PGP Key: http://www.Baldwin.cx/~john/pgpkey.asc