Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 2004 00:20:37 -0600
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: very quick java/jdk14complie = problem?

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 10:00:01PM -0400, Robert Huff wrote:

> 	After my recent issues with linux sun jdk-1/4 I decided to
> retry building native jdk15.
> 	Download all the complnents, check.
> 	"make clean", check.
> 	"make -v -DWITH_IPV6" gives:
>
> ===>   jdk-1.4.2p6_4 depends on executable: gmake - found
> ===>  Configuring for jdk-1.4.2p6_4
> ===>  Building for jdk-1.4.2p6_4
> # Start of jdk build
> GNU Make 3.80
> Copyright (C) 2002  Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
> There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This is like gmake has been run with --version.  Do you have -v or
--version set in MAKE_FLAGS?

> 	then back to the prompt.  Elapsed time < 30 seconds.
> 	Based on experience, this seems wrong.  8-)

Well, it hasn't actually built anything.  Its just printed its version
and exited.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org