Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 12:29:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Build is complete

> > There should be nothing in the build process which relies on anything
> > not in the generic kernel.
>
> That seems reasonable at first sight, but on the other hand, how many
> people build releases?

Doesn't matter.  If you don't want the piece in the generic kernel,
then the build process shouldn't rely on it.  Putting it in the kernel
is not the only option; pulling it out of the build process is also an
option.

Any way to make the vn driver a demand-loaded LKM?  It would similary
fix the system feature dependency problem.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.