Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2013 21:58:01 -0400
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/179443: Rewrite of the Handbook Chapter 16 Jails.

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 09:49:44PM -0400, Fbsd8 wrote:
> Hello Remko:
>=20
> You are way off base here. Your judgment is clouded by things that
> have no bearing on this PR.
>=20
> The handbook jail chapter rewrite has nothing to do with ezjail or
> qjail ports. If you would have taken the time to study the html doc
> you would have seen that for your self. Just because qjail was
> created by Filipinos who are not knowledgeable in open source
> protocol is no reason to insinuate things were done on purpose with
> intent. We now know we erred in judgment and have resolved the
> problem. So lets put this behind us and move on with this PR.
>=20
> The word "rewite" in the PR subject means this html content is
> intended to replace the existing content of the current handbook
> chapter 16. The PR "subject" sure seem very clear in that meaning.
>=20

Well, where is mention of the jail(8) utility in your "rewrite"?  Based
on a cursory reading, you replaced the native base system functionality
with a set of scripts.  Where is the information for people who do not
want to use your scripts?

> If the Doc group members feels that they want to keep the current
> outdated handbook chapter 16 content, and add what I wrote as
> another sub-section, thats for the Doc team members to discuss and
> decide as a group.
>=20
> From the tone of what you wrote I don't feel you can be fair and
> professional in your judgment concerning this PR. If you can
> convince me that you can put the past behind you and change your
> attitude them you can work this PR, otherwise just return it to open
> status for some other Doc member to select to take it on.
>=20

As far as I am concerned, the PR originator's attitude remains negative,
and unchanged.

I suggest the PR be permanently closed without further review until he
decides to reevaluate his harmful (to the Project) point of view.

Glen

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M--