Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:19:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Juan <jly@tritronics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with sendmail

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01BE79F1.D7799020

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Juan wrote:
> I just finished installing FreeBSD 3.1 RELEASE with the purpose of having another email server (the other email servers are running FreeBSD 2.2.7). However, when I try to send mail to a user outside of my domain (on a machine nunning netscape or outlook
 express), I get an error "...relaying denied". However, If I telnet to the machine and mail the message manualy (mail -v user@any.domain.com) then the message is sent successfully. Any configuration options with sendmail (8) that need to be set to acompl
ish this task?

1) fix your mailer to wrap lines at some reasonable length, like 72 chars

2) see http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html , specifically access_db

You need to tell sendmail which machines are allowed to use it to send
mail.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01BE79F1.D7799020--