Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 2008 02:21:25 -0400
From:      Michael Powell <nightrecon@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3 Problems

Annelise Anderson wrote:

>  After 3 years, by apache 1.3 server quite working.  It shows a
> PID, it's running, it can be stopped and restarted, and from FreeBSD
> the home page comes up using lynx http://andrsn.stanford.edu
>
>  But from outside, it times out.
>
>  I have run the texts for valid configuration (I haven't changed
> anything) and I actually rebooted the machine.  The texts are okay and
> rebooting doesn't help.
>
>  The machine is pingable.  It's running FreeBSD 5.5 or so.
>
>  What to do next?

Looks like this is where it stops:

16  bbrb-isp.Stanford.EDU (171.64.1.155)  116.208 ms  116.182 ms  115.626 ms

If it's coming up locally and sockstat -4l shows it to be listening try
pinging your exterior interface. Try and figure out if the NIC has network
connectivity to the outside world. If there's none you may have breakage
between your box and the address in the traceroute above.

-Mike