Date:      Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:37:39 +0300
From:      Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem fetching a port with multiple distfiles

This is so weird I don't even know what to check or where to look

I am currently running 'make fetch' on a port which has quite a lot of
distfiles (emulators/linux_base-suse-9.3). It fetches some of the
distfiles and then goes into infinite loop. The loop consists of
fetching some distfile, then an error message:
fetch: <number> : no such file or directory
and then fetching the same distfile again from a different mirror

Here, <number> is the size in bytes of the distfile just fetched.

If I ctrl+c out of this cycle and run 'make fetch' again, it proceeds to
download some more distfiles until it goes into similar loop with some
other distfile.

While I typed up this message, make fetch seems to have completed
successfully. But this is still extremely puzzling.

---
... Windws is ine for bckgroun comunicaions - Bll Gats, 192