Date:      07 May 2001 18:59:59 +0200
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using dd to dump CD images

>>>>> "Najib" == Najib Ninaba <najib_ninaba@yahoo.com> writes:

Najib> How do I dump CD images to a file? In linux, all I've needed to do is :
Najib> dd if=/dev/cdrom of=cd-image.iso

Have you tried:

dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=8k | burncd -f /dev/burner -s $speed data - fixate

where /dev/cdrom is a link to your CD reader (eg. /dev/acd0c)
      /dev/burner is a link to your CD burner (eg. /dev/acd1c)
      $speed is a value depending on your burner/cd model

It runs ok for me.

If you're using a SCSI burner, use cdrecord instead of burncd.
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1292698520 secondes