Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2012 19:37:56 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        alexandr.kovalenko@gmail.com, ozkan.kirik@gmail.com, drue@therub.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD daily snapshot build in allbsd.org temporarily down

----Security_Multipart(Wed_Dec_19_19_37_56_2012_604)--

Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org> wrote
  in <20121207.101917.103513550140980591.hrs@allbsd.org>:

hr> Hi all,
hr>
hr>  I received many emails asking why
hr>  https://pub.allbsd.org/FreeBSD-snapshots/ is stopped working and when
hr>  it will recover, so I just wanted to let you know that FreeBSD daily
hr>  snapshot build in allbsd.org is temporarily down.  The reason why it
hr>  is down is some local network issue and CVS->SVN migration of the
hr>  build system.  The latter was solved already.  However, the former
hr>  was unexpected and needed some time than I thought originally.

 The service has almost recovered.  Snapshots for i386, amd64, and
 pc98/i386 are being rebuilt now, and then ia64, sparc64, and powerpc
 will also be connected to the build queue soon.

 For stable/9 and later, Subversion repository is used and the build
 results are sorted by the revision numbers on each day.  For 8.X it
 still uses CVS via the make release target but will be switched to
 use Subversion shortly.

 Note that some local network performance issue still remains.  It
 seems due to traffic congestion around the border router which I do
 not have control of.  The transfer rate can become less than 100KB/s
 especially in 12:00-18:00 in JST.

 I will planning to add a custom build functionality by using the
 source trees under projects/ or user/ branch to this service.

-- Hiroki