Date:      Wed, 06 Dec 1995 11:35:29 -0500
From:      Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@louie.udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FS Help

First, I wanted to thank everyone who responded to my plea for help
last week.  I've got everything up and running and so far so good.

Now, I haven't installed three options.  By warped logic one could
assume that one of these three may be the culprit(s).  First, I'm not
running tcp_wrappers or procmail like I was last week.  I plan on
installing them this afternoon.

The big one though is that I'm not mounting my DOS partition.  Not to
add fire to the flame, but....  8(  Does anyone really think that this
may be the cause of my FS becoming corrupted?  I've gotten some
people out there who are using this in a stable fashion.  If so, could
someone please give me some pointers.  I need to set up Samba to serve
files off of that partition.

Time for specifics.  At one point the DOS partition was read-write
instead of read-only.  Likewise, it was rw by a group of people (there
was some common work that needed to be done).  Could any of this be
giving me the problems of corrupting my FS?

I'm running 2.1.0-R and the FreeBSD-stable kernel.  Everything else
with the machine seems fine so far (well one or two things, but that's
for later mail messages 8).

If anyone has any pointers to this, I'd really appreciate them.

As always, thanks in advance...

        --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8