Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 96 08:47:00 PDT
From:      Robert Clark <ROBERTC@PII.COM>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FW: Good, cheap 8mm tape system needed

Mike,
     I've had good luck with HP SureStore 5000i drives. (4mil DAT internal)
Around 800$ last time I checked.

                              [RC]
 ----------
From: owner-freebsd-questions
To: freebsd-questions
Subject: Good, cheap 8mm tape system needed
Date: Sunday, July 14, 1996 5:11PM

        My Colorado Jumbo 350 floppy tape drive just blew up its motor for
the
second time and I'm abandoning that product line.  It's just not reliable:
I've
had endless problems with media errors, hardware breakage, and the lack of
support under FreeBSD.

        It's time to get a real tape drive.  I'm looking for a good 4 or 8mm
tape subsystem that a) works under things like Norton Backup (for the DOS
side of the house) and b) works right under FreeBSD as a no-fuss no-bother
SCSI tape drive.

        Is this available for under $1,000?  If so, what is it, and where is
it?

        Thanks!

Mike O'Brien
aka Mr. Protocol, on a good day at least, which so far this is not