Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 22:42:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      Mathias Picker <mathiasp@virtual-earth.de>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   new da2 no longer recognized

--0-1804289383-911943777=:282

Hmmm, I really don't know if this is a current problem, but:

a 4GB UW-SCSI developed problems, so I bought a new one, sticked it in
the machine, and copied the recoverable data off the old one.
Everything worked fine.

Now I unplugged the old drive, closed the case, and: the new drive
can't be mounted any more!!! Its still recognised (dmesg output at end
of file, its da2), but mount says: device not configured. disklabel,
too. Booting off a new boot disk and invoking sysinstall shows me da2,
but completely empty, not even a freebsd slice on it.

But I allread copied data onto the damn thing!!!

Any help??? This is relatively urgent, since all my data usually reside
on that disk.

Thanks,

Mathias

--

  Mathias Picker

Consultant Information Architecture

  Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de
            ++49 +172 / 89 19 381

--0-1804289383-911943777=:282

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3ia

iQCVAwUBNlsoXKzvoSjVwVSdAQGm7wP+MflP8bAu2YMZ+LkmZOf0Z4w0sTlvse1o
onLGhbRt9bIqww3xgvf7Yg3mzZp1Nr7LwjEBA0WaY3GEMZeVbdL2l8PtsPSLUAKF
+xWUDa/XhUgK4LKzqLjCd3rs2WNhdgRUB/AeBQuuo9xNRQUD1gIPSE2E0GhxevkA
fblm9GUOGgc=
=dzto
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--0-1804289383-911943777=:282--