Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 10:30:22 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>
To:        "FreeBSd Chat list" <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   BSD lightness: Free/Net/Open

As part of some talks about about a NY BSD users group I found a
technical school using NetBSD. They mentioned a project of converting a
number of old 486s to NetBSD. One of the topics that came up was which
BSD would need less resources and run best with old hardware (assuming
both Free/Net would install).

From what I gather the project will be making the old 486s Xterminals.
Could this be something that could be done with PicoBSD?

Also what would me a MINIMUN usable amount of memory to run X. 16MB?
These are computers other departments were throwing out so I don't
think they have much of a budget to go around upgrading memory.

I have always wanted to take a look at the other BSDs so I am looking
forward to help them and see how NetBSD compares.

They are also doing a BSD lab which sounds like it would be interesting
too (research, students and faculty connectivity to the network...). I
was very please to read from them all they are doing with BSDs.
Although NetBSD seems their primary BSD they also have some FreeBSDs
(although it seemed it was just a couple of them).