Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:43:33 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Enrique_Mat=EDas_S=E1nchez_=28Quique=29?= <cronopios@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD articles on a Spanish GNU/Linux magazine

Hi,
I few months ago I wrote three articles introducing the FreeBSD
operating system for the Spanish magazine _Mundo Linux_. The magazine
also included the FreeBSD 5.3R for i386 CD (both 1 & 2). It was the
very first time a GNU/Linux magazine in Spain published anything about
*BSD, but they were really nice and appreciative.
=20
A couple of weeks ago, I posted these three articles on the world wide
web, as PDF files. On the Spanish BSD mailing lists I've heard of
people who started using FreeBSD because of these articles. Now that
FreeBSD 6.0 is forthcoming, I hope they will continue being helpful
and useful for the Spanish-speaking people interested on FreeBSD.
=20
=20
The first one is an introduction to BSD. It tells us its origins,
explains some of its basic characteristics and suggests some reasons
why GNU/Linux users could be interested on trying FreeBSD.
=20
FreeBSD, a well kept secret
   http://cronopios.net/Textos/freebsd_un_secreto_bien_guardado.pdf
=20
=20
The second one discusses the FreeBSD installation and basic
configuration, explaining what slices and partitions are, launching X
and the desktop environment, Spanish localization, etc.
=20
FreeBSD: installation and getting started
   http://cronopios.net/Textos/freebsd_instalacion_y_primeros_pasos.pdf
=20
=20
The third article carefully explains installing and upgrading
applications (using both ports and packages), the various FreeBSD
branches (-CURRENT, -STABLE, -RELEASE) and upgrading the system
itself.
=20
FreeBSD, installing and upgrading programs
  http://cronopios.net/Textos/freebsd_instalacion_y_actualizacion_de_progra=
mas.pdf
=20
=20
Best regards,
 Quique
=20
=20
--=20
The problem with quick and dirty... is that dirty remains long after
quick has been forgotten.
 - Steve McConnell, /Software Project Survival Guide/.