Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:26:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
To:        Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail/alpine new Makefile

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017, the wise Kubilay Kocak wrote:

> On 6/9/17 7:41 PM, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
>
> Hi Marco,
>
> I believe the reason is:
>
>> .include <bsd.port.options.mk>
>
> The port includes this ^^^^ ... AND
>
> <snip>
>
>> .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
>
> This ---------^^^^^
>
> Use one or the other, or neither if its *all* options helpers, but not
> both. See:
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.html
>
> The paragraph just above the "Example 5.28. Simple Use of OPTIONS"

Thanks Kubilay. I've removed the ".include <bsd.port.pre.mk" line and
changed the ".include <bsd.port.post.mk>" line at the end to ".include
<bsd.port.mk>". It still builds and installs but the options that are
set are still not built in.

Also the file /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.options.mk suggests that all three
lines should be present.

Regards,
Marco
--
Finagle's Creed:
 	Science is true.  Don't be misled by facts.