Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 23:53:21 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Barnacle Wes <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: editors

jfieber@indiana.edu said:
> > 2) Should be comprehensive, everything from adding users, setting up the
> > network (including Web server, NFS, etc), tape backups, printing services,
>                                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I was just thinking about this.  This is a notable omission from
> the current install.  If FreeBSD came with a very basic ascii to
> postscript filter, we could get basic text printing for most
> peaple with locally attached printers without too much fuss.

It's in there.  It's called apsfilter, and it's in either ports or
packages.  All you really need to know is what language your printer
speaks.  (Mine, and Epson Stylus, is ESC/P2, just like it says on the
printer.)

--
   Wes Peters	| Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
    Softweyr 	| The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder