Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:54:07 -0600
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jonathan@fosburgh.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wine on 5.3-STABLE and threading

--nextPart8121960.HaChco1Zyy

I was very happy to find out that Wine is working again on FreeBSD.  I see =
the=20
note about being broken in 4.x due to threading support, but my problem is =
on=20
current. If using libpthread wine applications (such as notepad) fail short=
ly=20
after launch with the error:

=46atal error 'Uninitialized mutex in pthread_mutex_trylock_basic' at line =
474=20
in file /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_mutex.c (errno =3D 22)

which is the same failure I was getting with the May snapshot.  However, if=
 I=20
use libthr, wine works just fine. On further investigation, I found the=20
following files in /usr/local/lib/wine had dependencies on a threading=20
library:d3d8.dll.so, d3d9.dll.so, d3dx8.dll.so, glu32.dll.so, glut32.dll.so=
,=20
opengl32.dll.so, winearts.dll.so, and wined3d.dll.so.  Except for=20
winearts.dll.so, all of these seem to be picking up their threading=20
dependency from /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.  If I setup libmap.conf to make=
=20
that file use libthr, then wine works, though I also have to make other app=
s=20
dependant on libGL use libthr as well in order to work.  Presumably, wine=20
should work with GL enabled using libpthread.  Any thought?

I am trying to build wine without GL support right now to see if that chang=
es=20
anything.
=2D-=20
Jonathan Fosburgh