Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 09:49:17 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Vova Golubkov <vova.golubkov@cern.ch>
Cc:        "stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.0: EtherExpress16 disappeared?

In message <38D45483.110F6A78@cern.ch>, Vova Golubkov writes:
> Hi
>
> I have upgraded to 4.0-RELEASE and found that my Intel EtherExpress16
> NIC is not detected anymore. I know that this driver is not perfect
> (as well as the card itself), but I prefer it to nothing :-)
> Should it be added to sys/i386/isa/isa_compat.h?

Had the same problem with my 3C509B (ep0).  Disabled all unneeded
drivers (boot -c) and it now works.  A comment in the -current archives
by Warner (IIRC) stated that other drivers may trash the card's
registers while probing for their supported hardware, causing your card
to become unresponsive.

Team Leader, Sun/DEC Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC