Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 2009 23:52:11 +0800
From:      Chun-fan Ivan Liao <ivan@ivangelion.tw>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, apcupsd-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:   Still 2 apcupsd problems using USB to connect on FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE AMD64

The time of the first post of the original topic "4 apcupsd problems
using USB to connect on FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE" was some 20 days ago, and
there are still 2 problems remained. So I copy the unsolved problems
here, plus the thing I did.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

=========

OS version: FreeBSD 7.2 RELEASE
apcupsd version: 3.14.5
UPS model: APC-MGE Back-UPS RS 1000VA (BR1000TW)
UPS cable type: usb

3 important lines in /usr/local/etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf:
---------
UPSCABLE usb
UPSTYPE usb
DEVICE ((using "DEVICE ugen0" yields the same problem))
---------
Other lines are default.

Problem Description:
1.
The APC box cannot be detected when connected to the FreeBSD system on
system boot. (apcupsd_enable="YES" is set in /etc/rc.conf )

The associated messages in /var/log/messages:
---------
May 10 16:08:27 aura-cosmetics apcupsd[901]: apcupsd FATAL ERROR in
bsd-usb.c at line 735 Cannot find UPS device -- For a link to detailed
USB trouble shooting information, please see
<http://www.apcupsd.com/support.html>.
May 10 16:08:27 aura-cosmetics apcupsd[901]: apcupsd error shutdown completed
---------

2.
Continuing 1, if I unplug the connecting USB then re-plug it to the
same port, the USB cannot be identified.

The associated message in /var/log/messages:
---------
May 10 16:36:17 aura-cosmetics kernel: uhub0: device problem
(TIMEOUT), disabling port 3
---------

I have applied Tetcu's suggestion, disabling all USB-related
configurations in my kernel, and put the following 3 lines in
/boot/loader.conf, but the problems still exist:
  usb_load="YES"
  ugen_load="YES"
  umass_load="YES"

Here is my /var/run/dmesg.boot: