Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:35:48 +1300
From:      "Anthony O'Meara" <atom@atom.no-ip.org>
To:        "Andrew Gallatin" <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Error installing FreeBSD on Alpha

> The loader is apparently broken on your ancient hardware.  What
> version are you attempting to install?
>
> Drew

Thanks

I downloaded the floppy images from FreeBSD FTP site, not sure what version!

I'm going to try and download several different floppy images now, I wasn't
sure what was causing the error, I thought it might have been hardware!

Surely it must still work on an older Alpha, (I got FreeBSD working on a
Pentium 100mhz, which is a lot older)