Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 08:00:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/20056: Bad SGML in the "@ sign" entry of the FAQ

The following reply was made to PR docs/20056; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To: Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:36:05 +0200

 Hi,
 > Looks good to me, with one minor exception: the white space before the
 > "pn=\@" line in <programlisting> is unnecessary.

 whitespace and linebreaks within a <programlisting> element are significant.
 With the whitespace in front of the pn=\@, the output will be intended by
 approximately one tab. Without it, it will start in column 0.

 Or did you mean that I should not intend the the output? In that case,
 could even change the end of the previous paragraph to read

 and remove the <programlisting> element completly.

 > I think I'll leave this bit, if you don't mind too much, it can be
 > committed in one batch at some point.

 I don't mind.

 /s/Udo
 --