Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:30:16 -0400
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new rc.network6 and rc.firewall6

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 11:04:55PM -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> One should have some other script that you could run, which
> would look thru all the rc files and just list which order
> they will be run at startup (or at shutdown).  That way you
> could find out the order for a given set of scripts without
> having to actually startup or shutdown...
>
> (I have no idea how netbsd does it, I'm just saying that I
> would think some other script should be provided which
> could list out the proper order without actually running
> any of the scripts...)

since i've been playing with the tools a little in my copious spare
time, you could determine that using the rcorder tool that they actually
use to get the order in the rc script.

just run 'rcorder /etc/rc.d/*' and it'll output the order they should
start up in.  reverse that order for shutdown.

this system looks more and more swank every time i look at it.

--
garrett rooney                           my pid is inigo montoya.
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net             you kill -9 my parent process.