Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:11:25 -0400
From:      "Chad Leigh, Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        chad@shire.net
Subject:   disklabel question

Hi

Using 4.4-RC4.  The controller is a AHA-2944 and is not the first
controller in the system, but the first to have disks.  It does not load a
BIOS.  A later 2940UW loads the bios and is the boot disk controller.  (I
replaced a mainboard and reinstalled FreeBSD and this mainboard looks at
the PCI slots in the reverse order as most boards and the old board)

I am using disklabel to try and "fix" a disk.  The in-memory label for the
disk does not show one of the partitions but the raw on disk one does show
it.

I try and do

% disklabel da0
disklabel: ioctl DIOCGDINFO: Invalid argument
%

but disklabel /dev/da0  works (and also with the -r)

When I do

% disklabel -e /dev/da0      and add the parition like it is on the disk
and then try and save this edit I get:

disklabel: Operation not supported by device

re-edit the label? [y]:

What can I do to be able to fix this disk?

Thanks
Chad