Date:      Sun, 31 May 2009 21:04:20 +0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        mister.olli@googlemail.com
Cc:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Clock TOD issues (mostly) resolved?

2009/5/31 Mister Olli <mister.olli@googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I just had the time to upgrade my domU to r193943 and it fixes some bugs
> I've seen before in my setup:

> - scp'ing the kernel file to the dom0 instance hanged after transfering
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0~ 1MB of data and did not finish. This now works perfect. =
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0hadn't got the time to test larger network transfers.

Good!

> - clock jumps fully disappeared for me. I can do a complete 'make
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0buildworld' without any interruptions due to the time jump=
, even
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0when I'm not using ntpd within the domU.

Good! The time will still drift a little until a hypervisor wall clock
sync occurs (mostly due to a large enough change to the dom0 time);
I'll investigate that later. I'm curious to know exactly how Linux
DomU's manage to keep in lock-step with the dom0 time.

> Great work Adrian. This really brings domU support forward.
>
> Btw. do you know if there's already a PR for the reboot problem in xen
> domU's?

I'm not sure. Please just create one; duplicates are better than nothing.

> For me the domU does not reboot (shutdown -r ) properly and hangs after
> the shutdown process is complete.
> Normal shutdown (shutdown -h) works like a charm.

Adrian