Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 10:52:59 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   8 days until 2.2.5...  Administrative notices.

This is just a notice that time is running out in the BETA test period
and also to inform the commercial folks again that if they have demo
software which they want shipped in the commercial distribution, now
would really be a good time to let me know!

Similarly, if you have some experimental bit of code which you'd like
included in the experimental ("xperimnt") distribution, send me a URL
for the tarball and a README (or a URL to the README :) and it's in.

Note: Please don't submit other people's work for these collections,
even if you think that they really would like to have their software
distributed in that way if they only knew about the opportunity
themselves.  If you think that some company or individual is missing
an "advertising" opportunity here, contact them instead and ask them
to send me an email as requested above.

Testers: Another BETA snapshot, 2.2.5-971012-BETA, will be going up on
ftp.freebsd.org today.  Test-installing this one is especially
important as it has a fair number of installation fixes made to it and
I'd like as much testing of them as possible.  Folks will probably
most immediately notice that the annoying display bugs in the
Distribution menu have gone away. :-)  I've also made the label
and partition editors much more usable from multi-user mode.

Thanks!

					Jordan