Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 01:42:36 +0100
From:      "Klaus Berbach" <K_Berbach@gmx.de>
To:        "freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Booting FreeBSD

>type
>
>sho dev
>
>to see what it's attached to.

Well, SRM does see all devices and even booting from CD
works fine (plain "boot dka400"). When I enter "boot
dka0" (which is the device I have installed BSD to) I
get a "halted CPU 0" after the boot messages "jumping
to bootstrap code" and "Loading /boot/loader". I was
wondering wether I need some further arguments for
booting or wether maybe the installation is corrupt.

The full message (just in case it helps):

CPU 0 booting

(boot dka0.0.0.9.0 -flags A)
block 0 of dka0.0.0.9.0 is a valid boot block
reading 15 blocks from dka0.0.0.9.0
bootstrap code read in
base = 14a000, image_start = 0, image_bytes = 1e00
initializing HWRPB at 2000
initializing page table at 13c000
initializing machine state
setting affinity to the primary CPU