Date:      Fri, 02 Nov 2007 01:48:07 +0100
From:      Jona Joachim <jo-ml@hcl-club.lu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems building certain ports

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 14:20:57 -0500, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

> Some ports build beautifully on a clean system, but on a well populated
> system break at the configure stage.  My guess is that some port
> somewhere (perhaps something related to gnome) changes the system.
> Ports that suffer from this include mutt, libvorbis, and grub.

There is a bug in the mutt ports concerning security/heimdal and
security/krb5. In short mutt will fail to install (build?) when heimdal is
installed because it expects krb5 and both ports (heimdal and krb5)
conflict. As a matter of fact security/heimdal is a Gnome dependency.
I reported this to the maintainer some days ago but haven't received an
answer, yet.
I don't know for libvorbis and grub.

Best regards,
Jona