Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 23:27:33 +0800 (SGT)
From:      chas <panda@peace.com.my>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Which file to edit/delete for rebuilding ports ?

I just tried installing the xfree86 port on a new system
and after running 'make install' and choosing the servers
to build, nearly 2 hours of compilation completed before
an error occured. If I try 'make install' again, the compilation
occurs without giving me the option to choose which servers...
ie. with exactly the same configuration as the first attempt.
And so, it will fail again.

In the past with other ports, I have deleted the contents of
the /work directory and rebuilt from scratch. However, it would
be a shame to have to recompile the 2 hours of files that did
compile correctly.

I edited /work/xc/xmakefile and /work/xc/config/cf/site.def
without desired results.

Bottomline : wondering how to force a 'make install' to forget
previous configurations whilst still being able to use any
intermediary files compiled.

Thank you very much,

chas