Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 1995 15:04:52 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu
Cc:        tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing Problem

    Stephen> Thanks for your reply.  'lpd' is started by /etc/rc.  I
    Stephen> have also used 'ps' to check if the daemon 'lpd' is
    Stephen> running.  I found that 'lpd' is runing.  What should I do
    Stephen> now?

Send me a copy of your /etc/printcap file; sometimes the message `no
daemon present' doesn't mean what one might think it means.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

I was in the grocery store.  I saw a sign that said "pet supplies."
So I did.  Then I went outside and saw a sign that said "compact
cars"... -- Steven Wright