Date:      Tue, 6 May 2003 00:10:13 +0100
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        FreeBSD questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to find out available "make" arguments

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 11:47:38AM +0300, ODHIAMBO Washington wrote:
> * Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu> [20030502 21:58]: wrote:
>
> > /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.ports.mk
>                         ^    that s ;-)
Sorry - my bad - I should have checked before I typed frantically :/

> cd /usr/ports/Mk
>
> ls -al
>
> read what you want, maybe :)
>
> I did `man ports` and wondered if all-depends-list was deprecated...
No idea I'm afraid... I'm grappling with diff files and 'patch' right
now, great fun... in a tooth-pulling fun kind of way :)

Incidentally I don't think the example I gave of apache/suexec was a
very good one - totally by coincidence (isn't it always?) I'm attempting
to build apache with suexec support right now and doing this:

[18:02:20] root@whitestar /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl# make \
-DWITH_APACHE_SUEXEC -DAPACHE_SUEXEC_DOCROOT=/www -DAPACHE_SUEXEC_USERDIR=/www

isn't enabling apache-suexec, let alone any of the other options :(

I just found this thread totally by coincidence like I say after searching
for help on the topic:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-questions&m=105195202218567&w=2

saw the name in the first result there and thought mmm, that name's familiar :))

Ah well back to my search,
Cheers,
Jez

PS Have you come across portupgrade - v useful tool for keeping ports up
to date...