Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 2015 12:15:58 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Eduardo_Morr=E1s?= <emorrasg@yahoo.es>
To:        FreeBSD questions <questions@freebsd.org>, Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
Subject:   Re: ports: USE_GCC == RUN_DEPENDS ??

El vie, 16/10/15, Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de> escribi=F3:

 Asunto: ports: USE_GCC =3D=3D RUN_DEPENDS ??
 Para: "FreeBSD questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
 Fecha: viernes, 16 de octubre, 2015 12:19
=20
  Hello,
=20
 if I utilize "USE_GCC=3Dyes" in my ports Makefile, 'make
 package-depends-list' includes GCC.
 I just wan't to have GCC on my package builder, not on the
 production host.
 Why does Mk add GCC to RUN_DEPENDS?
 How to limit it to BUILD_DEPENDS?
 Thanks for your help!
=20
 -harry

GCC is not part of base system on FreeBSD >10, it's Clang/LLVM. If you set =
USE_GCC=3Dyes, you says toport system to compile the ports with GCC instead=
 Clang/LLVM and must install GCC before use it in order to compile the port=
 you need.

--- ---
Eduardo Morras