Date:      Sat, 22 May 1999 18:46:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Marc.Touboul@bull.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Michel.Lanaspeze@bull.net
Subject:   Re: Interest to develop our product on FreeBSD

On Fri, 21 May 1999 Marc.Touboul@bull.net wrote:

> We would like to analyse  opportunity to deploy a strategy on FreeBSD for
> one of our application.

Fantastic!

> Do you know if there is any information about the profile of freeBSD users.
>
> Information I would need are :
> How many sites with how many servers? (In fact we would be interested in
> sites with lot of freebsd servers)
> How many sites for which usage (R&D, WEB Server..)

Hm... I'm not sure someone's done a thorough study on FreeBSD user
demographics.  My experience has been that places with FreeBSD servers
tend to have a handful of them handling various tasks (DNS, Web, ftp,
dialin, etc.).

Ty contacting jkh@freebsd.org, he may have useful information for you.

Doug White