Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 20:12:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@inna.net>
Cc:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>, Paul Southworth <pauls@locust.etext.org>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crashes with 6x86L-P200+

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Jamie Bowden wrote:

> We use an aftermarket fan that uses ballbearings instead f sleave
> bearings on our Cyrix chips, so it has an increased lifespan.  It also
> has a slightly larger blade surface, and keeps the chip cooler than the
> cyrix fan.  Though recently we've gone to the AMD K5's.  They are cheaper,
> cooler, and outperform both Cyrix and Intel.

I've always been a fan of AMD's chips, at least since we started with the
386/40 chips...  I haven't been using the K5s because they have been
exceedingly diffucult to find locally, er, at least the faster versions.
I can get 75-120 chips no problem...

Although, they have started to crop up lately.  I should look at them more
closely, although I have been having good luck with the Cyrix chips of
late.

Later......						<Doug>