Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 1997 21:45:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        grog@lemis.com, bde@zeta.org.au, skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Remote gdb (was: no boot: config -g and options DDB)

Julian Elischer wrote...
> My remote gdb setup..
> on the master machine:
> I use the following .gdbinit file in the compile directory.
>
> ---
> file kernel
> set remotebaud 9600
> target remote /dev/cuaa1
> ---
>

> on the victim machine:
> boot with a kernel with flags 0x10 compiled on sio0, and options DDB

	FWIW, I generally run with flags 0x50, and it can be any serial port.
The thing to watch out for is that when you have flags 0x50 on your serial
port, it isn't good for anything other than remote debugging.   (i.e.
user code thinks that the serial port isn't there, not configured, etc.)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com