Date:      Thu, 22 May 2008 14:50:38 +0100
From:      "James Seward" <jamesoff@gmail.com>
To:        "Jeremy Chadwick" <koitsu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BTX loader hangs after version info

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@freebsd.org> wrote:
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/JeremyChadwick/Commonly_reported_issues

My problem doesn't match the description of "screen continually
scrolls registers or dumps registers then reboots"; it just freezes.

While looking at the code for btx/btxldr I did notice a debug knob in
the Makefile; should I turn this on? (And do I have to rebuild all of
world to encourage it to update BTX? Presumably I can build/install a
subset of it to save time?)

> After installworld, did you happen to use bsdlabel -B?

No, my procedure was: make buildkernel buildworld, make installkernel,
reboot (to single user), mergemaster -p, make installworld,
mergemaster (installed everything but passwd/group), reboot. This is
the point where it broke :)

Thanks,
James