Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 1995 19:04:52 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Non-Intel Hardware and FreeBSD

: I'd say start with the NetBSD MIPS sources and get hacking.  8-).

The NetBSD MIPS port is a little hard to get my brain around right
now, for some reason.  It is a very good starting place, since there
is a snapshot of some work in progress for a MIPS 4x00 port, which is
what I'd need.  My machine is just oddball enough (well, it looks a
*LOT* like a PC EISA machine, complete with the memory mapping of the
bus at the same place as on Intel) that I'll have to hack whatever I
go with.

I've actually made good progress with the Linux port, so I'll likely
stick with that for the moment.  I'm to the point where the kernel is
panicing because it can't load the ramdisk image that I've not yet
created.  Go figure :-)

Warner