Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:38:33 -0800
From:      Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 6.3-RELEASE-p3 recurring panics on multiple SM PDSMi+

Jeremy Chadwick wrote, on 7/22/2008 9:34 PM:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 11:45:30AM -0800, Royce Williams wrote:
>> We have 10 SuperMicro PDSMi+ 5015M-MTs that are panic'ing every few
>> days.  This started shortly after upgrade from 6.2-RELEASE to
>> 6.3-RELEASE with freebsd-update.
>
> We use the same hardware (board and chassis), and have no such problems
> running both RELENG_6 and RELENG_7.
>
> I don't think your issue is specific to the board or chassis.  Kris's
> explanation makes a lot more sense.  :-)

Jeremy/Kris/Clifton -

Looks like we have consensus. :-)  Thanks, all of you, for your
helpful insight.

I've bumped vm.kmem_size up to 400M on half of the affected boxes,
leaving the other half as a control group.  I'll report back once I
have something to report.

Royce

--
Royce D. Williams                                   - http://royce.ws/
       I learn by going where I have to go.  - Theodore Roethke